AODA appoints Country Representatives (CRs), who serve as first points of contact for AODA and the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics within their country.
What does a Country Representative do?
- Serves as a local resource to integrate new AODA members into practice in the country.
- Serves as an information base for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics/AODA regarding country-specific food and nutrition issues.
- Serves as a resource base to Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics/AODA, helping field inquiries regarding practice & educational opportunities abroad.
- Establishes relationships with key nutrition and dietetics associations and other relevant professional organizations.
- Serves as a resource for referrals in collaboration with local dietetics professionals.
How can you become an AODA Country Representative?
- Be an AODA member (Active or International), ideally living and working in the country of interest.
- Know the nutrition issues in the country that you wish to represent.
- Be ready to actively network with local dietetic associations and other nutrition-related organizations.
- Be able to communicate regularly through e-mail.
- Be willing to write quarterly reports on your work as the Country Representative.
If you are interested in becoming a Country Representative, please contact AODA’s CR Chair at CR-Chair@eatrightoverseas.org.
If you have a question about a particular country, please contact the relevant CR from the list below: